We are always interested in adding talented and capable people to our team. If you are interested in working in addictions, support a Harm Reduction philosophy, and have a minimum of two years of post-secondary education in a relevant field, please apply.
Other requirements may vary, but Alpha House is a 24-hour facility and your availability to work nights and weekends is required.
Casual Addiction Support Worker (On-going recruitment)
We welcome new applications from individuals who are interested in working with us as Addiction Support Workers – Casual Staff.
Our Casual Staff are important and key to the overall functioning of the agency.
Once training is complete casual staff are encouraged to apply for part time and full time positions.
If interested in receiving more information on the Addiction Support Worker – Casual Staff job description, requirements and applying for a Casual Staff position, please contact or send us your cover letter and resume, Attn: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Addiction Support Worker: Casual Staff Position
- Available for shift work, evening, over-night, weekends and holidays
- Able to work well within a team environment
- A Bachelor or Diploma in Social Work or a related social service field or, at minimum, with transferable course work towards a university diploma or degree
- A working understanding of addictions and harm reduction and related competencies
- A working understanding and skill level in trauma, crisis assessment, and intervention
- Knowledge of community and referral resources
- Knowledge and work experience in addictions, mental health
- Aboriginal people and people of diversity are encouraged to apply
Submit with cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
COMMUNICATIONS & FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR: Post to Jan 26, 2019
Alpha House is seeking to fill the role of Communications and Fundraising Coordinator. You are a dynamic, socially aware and enthusiastic individual with work experience directly in the field of public relations and communications. Reporting to the Development Manager and under the guidance of an external public relations consultant you will identify and execute proactive media relations opportunities and play a key role in a broad range of internal and external communications projects as you implement the communications goals of the organization.
This is a relatively new position for the organization and will appeal to a communications professional seeking to apply their skills across a range of projects and disciplines within the communications function. The position includes knowledge in and the ability to research and write grant proposals.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement our evolving communications plan that includes a wide-range of projects such as developing a series of awareness and fundraising presentations, assisting the redesign of the Alpha House website, developing and maintaining an electronic newsletter and assisting with social media content across a variety of platforms.
- Contribute to the development of an annual content calendar for the Alpha House blog, social media channels and newsletters.
- In collaboration with the Development Manager and external consultant, conduct a needs assessment and communication audit of all Alpha House promotional and communication materials to determine needed revisions.
- Work directly with Alpha House senior external communications consultant to ensure that communications activities directly support the goals of the communications plan.
- Involved in all aspects of the organization’s external communications activities including, but not limited to: creating information inserts for community newsletters, coordinating society participation at events with other organizations and participation in community/partner events.
- Assisting with fundraising and annual event logistics such as the Annual General Meeting and Community Open House.
- Represent the organization in a communications capacity on various communications committees external to the organization.
- Assist with research and writing of grant proposals
- Assist with other fundraising initiatives as required.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (public relations or communications preferred)
- Experience in writing, designing, social media and media relations.
- Experience in grant proposals and written grant writing
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and able to manage multiple projects with competing tasks and deadlines.
- Able to oversee events from ground up and work well with others
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, etc.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular work hours for occasional meetings and events, etc.
- Experience in the non-profit sector preferred, interest in moving the Society’s mission forward.
- Membership in CPRS or IABC considered an asset.
This is a full-time two year contract position.
Please apply in confidence by January 25, 2019
Email resume, salary expectations and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
ABOUT CALGARY ALPHA HOUSE SOCIETY
Alpha House open its door in 1982 after incorporation in 1981. It strives is to provide safe and caring environments for men and women with alcohol and other substance addictions. It is a charitable non-profit agency in the heart of downtown Calgary. Alpha House operates a shelter and detox program, outreach program and housing programs. Alpha House works from a harm reduction philosophy.
More information about the Society can be found online at www.alphahousecalgary.com
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, clearly stating why you are interested in this position to Human Resources at email@example.com