Lethbridge Alpha House Stabilization Shelter
The Lethbridge Alpha House Shelter will provide a dedicated and tailored program to meet the unique needs of individuals under the influence of substances. The program support model combines harm reduction, withdrawal management and relationship-focused supports.
Our Lethbridge program is located at 802 2A Ave N Lethbridge, Alberta. Entrance is on the East side of the building. You can reach the Shelter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (403 593 9376).
- Provide a multi-pronged response to public intoxication, when the current system is unable to respond;
- Improve health outcomes for complex, vulnerable clients able to sober up in a safe space;
- Support an integrated systems approach to common target group for health, justice, and homeless-serving systems;
- Reduce pressures on the health system to respond to intoxicated individuals who are safely supported in community;
- Enhance movement towards stabilization by facilitating referrals into treatment, housing & supports.
- Immediate safe shelter to sober up with onsite supervision—General client oversite provided by non-medical staffing, providing safe space with observation and time in which to sober up.
- Clinical staff to include vital sign monitoring as needed, care for non-emergent needs including wound care.
- Triage and assessment for referral to other programs/providers—connection to case management, detox, treatment, addiction/mental health, cultural supports, housing, etc.
- Rapport building to develop trust, relationship with staff
- Withdrawal management
- Relapse prevention